Graduate Analyst, Capital Markets (Investment Banking) Positions Available at United Capital Plc in Lagos,June 2017
Graduate Analyst, Capital Markets (Investment Banking) Career in Lagos,June 2017
Recent Position For Graduate Analyst, Capital Markets (Investment Banking) in Lagos,June 2017
United Capital Plc is a leading African financial and investment services Group providing bespoke value-added service to its clients. We are well positioned to play a strategic role in helping African governments and citizens (both individual and corporate) achieve their strategic objectives through our robust suite of financial and investment service offerings.
United Capital is seeking to recruit passionate, experienced and competent individuals to fill the vacant position below within our Trustees business:
Job Title: Analyst, Capital Markets, (Investment Banking)
Location: Lagos, but with some travel
- You will support the Capital Market team in sourcing of clients, raising capital and providing counsel to all parties in an investment interchange.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to
- Analyse client’s debt and equity portfolio and capital structure and assess alternative structures (funding strategies) to reduce the client’s cost of debt and/or increase its financial flexibility.
- Monitor and evaluate capital market conditions and make proposals for optimal financing vehicles.
- Prepare complex quantitative analysis, create pricing models and evaluate strategies/alternatives in support of the issuance of long term debt and/or equity.
- Participate in the management and development of the department by carrying out marketing and proposal efforts
- Keep abreast of new regulations or policies that may affect various industries, as well as monitor the economy to determine its effect on capital raising.
- Coordinate the end-to-end capital raising process (public offers, private placements, commercial papers etc) from the preparation of offer documents to the collation of returns/allotments.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies and other professionals in the offer process such as accountants, bankers, lawyers and media practitioners.
- Oversee the printing and distribution of offer documents.
- Supervise the return of monies in the event of oversubscription and the distribution of certificates.
- Conduct in-depth sector research.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good knowledge of debt and equity investment.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to apply the knowledge of debt sourcing to make accurate and timely decisions.
- Must have a good knowledge of the operations of relevant regulatory authorities such as SEC and NSE.
- Good appreciation of the processes involved in packaging an offer.
- Possession of strong analytical skills including financial statement analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in working with clients and third-party vendors.
- Good business, marketing and relationship management skills.
- First degree or its equivalent from a reputable tertiary institution.
- Minimum of one (1) years cognate experience.
- Appropriate post-graduate or professional qualifications such as an MBA, CFA, MSC in Finance or ACA would be beneficial.
Application Closing Date
8th June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please send a resume and cover letter quoting applicable reference number above to: email@example.com Applicants should please state the job position applied for in the subject header.