University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria Admission into Remedial Programme for 2014/2015 Academic Session
University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria – Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the pre-degree programme in Arts, Arts Education, Agriculture, Engineering and Technology, Science and Science Education for the 2014/20 15 academic session.
1. Arts and Arts Education:
- Applicant Must pass five subjects at credit level at not more than two sittings in SSCE/GCE organized by WEAC,NECO, NABTEB and should include the major subject of study.
- Two of the five subjects must be from Arts while the third may be from the Social Sciences.
Note: There is no Remedial programme in B.A.(Hons.) English
2. Agriculture, Engineering and Technology, Science and Science Education
Applicants must pass the following subjects at credit level;
English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at not more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE organized by WAEC, NECO and NABTEB
Faculty of Agriculture will accept credit grade in Agricultural Science in lieu of credit grade in Biology.
Duration of Programme:
The programme is for duration of two semesters (one academic session)
The remedial programme is primarily opened to applicants from the catchment areas of the University of Ilorin, Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Nassarawa, Niger Plateau, Sokoto and Zamfara States.
- Applicants from educationally disadvantaged Local Government Areas of Kwara State e.g. Edu, Baruten, Moro and Kaima may be considered for admission with three credits provided an F9 grade is not obtained in any of the five subjects. Such candidates must however redeem their ‘O’ level deficiencies latest by the end of their 100 level programme.
- Candidates who want to study Engineering must obtain credit grades in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics and take Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at 2015 UTME.
- Candidates who write the 2014/2015 JAMB/UME with relevant subject combination to any programme in either Arts or Sciences and must obtain the minimum pass mark approved by the Federal Government.
- Applicants are to note that the programme is non-residential.
Venue of Programme:
The venue of the programme shall be at the School of Preliminary Studies, Fufu, Ilorin South Local Government Headquarters, Kwara State.
10th December, 2014.
Method of Application:
Candidates are to visit University of Ilorin website www.unilorin.edu.ng and follow the link on 2014/2015 SPS Application. Application forms to be completed online after a payment of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira only) application fee using interswitch enabled ATM card either master or verve card. After the completion of the forms, each candidate MUST
Download a Local Government Confirmation Form which must be endorsed by the Chairman/Secretary of the local Government Areas. A candidate who is offered admission will be expected to bring the form and SSCE/GCE certificates/result slips during registration.