Voluntary Service Overseas Voluntary Service Overseas
Job Title: IT/ICT Specialist (Education)
Start Date: ASAP
- To play a key role in the supporting the implementation of VSO’s projects engaged in ICT/IT work. The position is expected to provide support to IMA4P project and other VSO projects in Nigeria.
- The volunteer will be based with VSO Nigeria’s partner organization in Lafia, Nasarawa State and will work with other project partners, schools and communities in two local government areas of the State to implement the national volunteer programme project.
The volunteer will have a range of tasks and activities;
- Support the development of IT/ICT Systems in the IMA4P Project in consultation with the IMA4P team
- Design and execute training modules to train national volunteers on IT skills to apply on different project components
- Design and implement web-based communication tools
- Create and maintain networking spaces to promote VSO’s IMA4P Project ideas and achievements
- Design a management information system to capture and for facilitation of data analysis so as to generate reports as and when required
- Link other technology platforms for up to date information mainly in relation to trade, markets, agriculture produce.
Key Performance Indicators
The Key performance indicators of this placement are:
- Number of volunteers and partners who have increased skills in data collection and analysis
- Number of national volunteers that are able to deliver adequate support to IMA4P
- Number of farmers and primary processors receiving quality information through technology linked platforms
- Number of hits on networking spaces created
- Number of partners, volunteers and other beneficiaries who are able to write reports, case studies and success/significant change stories.
- Evidences of monitoring and evaluation support to project partners and VSO, through reports and feedbacks.
Building and Sustaining working relationships
- The social skills to build and actively maintain working relationships that foster teamwork and collaboration with others for the benefit of a common goal.
Open Minded and Respectful:
- A non-judgemental approach that values other people and culture.
Seeking and Sharing Knowledge:
- Recognition that learning is a two-way and continuous process.
Facilitating Positive Change:
- The ability to analyse problems and develop lasting solutions in line with VSO approaches.
- A flexible approach and the ability to adapt behaviour to different situations.
- The self-confidence to work with a variety of situations, diverse people and ambiguity.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in IT Architecture Development (Technology Architecture and Software Architecture)
- Sound general IT technology understanding
- Experience in Project Management
- Good skills in computer maintenance
- Experience in Training on the job
- Experience in developing ICT strategies for organizations
- Some experience of creating web-based tools, mainly related to agricultural products
- Good report writing skills
- Awareness and sensitivity of cross-cultural settings
- A preparedness to work with limited resources within a challenging environment
- Patience, tolerance and flexibility
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain good working relationship
- Creativity in problem solving & conflict resolution
- Enthusiastic and good team player
Professional qualifications and experience:
- Degree level in IT related subject (however if extensive IT knowledge gained from work experience BA or B.Sc in any subject can be acceptable).
- IT Architecture
- Web page designing
- Network administration
- Database designing
- Skills and Competency in IT/ICT related issues and training, experience in designing and conducting trainings, experience of working in developing country context.
How to Apply
Click here to apply for this position