World Bank jobs in Abuja Nigeria october 2012
Job opportunity # 120240
Job opportunity Title Driver
Job opportunity Family Administration
Location Abuja, Nigeria
Appointment Local Hire
Job opportunity Posted 30-Jan-2012
Closing Date 20-Feb-2012
Language Requirements English [Essential]
The World Bank, a leading multi-lateral institution in global economic development, is currently searching for a Driver to provide an effective and efficient day to day logistics transport function for the Office in Abuja, Nigeria. S/he is expected to operate and maintain bank vehicles with a focus on safety; performing daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections; performing minor maintenance tasks on the vehicles when necessary; fueling the vehicles; ensuring that periodic scheduled vehicle maintenance is completed and reported; documenting customer usage; preparing trip reports; providing safety briefing to staff/passengers; and providing other services as requested by the supervisor.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year renewable term appointment.
To drive the World Bank Office car for all official purposes.
• To accompany Bank Staff in meetings within the city of Abuja and on field trips.
• To take care of the car and follow up with its maintenance schedules
• To deliver messages on behalf of the World Bank Office
• Maintenance of driver’s log book and record keeping.
• Airport reception and protocol duties for visiting mission as may be assigned from time to time
• Strict adherence to safety procedures
• Any other duties as may be required for the mission of the World Bank
• Completion of Secondary school with at least 5 passes in WASC/SSCE including English Language.
• At least 5 years driving experience, defensive driving skills being an advantage
• Possess a valid driving License
• Ability to speak and write English fluently
• Ability to interact in the Local Language is desirable
• Capable of supplying references to the above