World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters.
Title: Communication Officer
An advanced university degree in communications, public health, and/or international relations.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and these will be reviewed individually.
1. Knowledge of communication and media strategies, concepts and practices.
2. Command of the English language, excellent writing skills and ability to draft and edit complex substantive material rapidly and accurately.
3. Ability to evaluate research findings and complex evidence, and develop communications messages and audiences.
4. Demonstrated organizational, coordination and communications skills.
5. Ability to manage complex series of competing priorities; ability to prioritize.
6. Knowledge of the public health issues in the field of Sexual, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn Child and Adolescent Health (SRMNCAH).
1. Communicating in a credible and effective way
2. Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
3. Creating an empowering and motivating environment
4. Fostering integration and teamwork
5. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences.
At least 7 years’ relevant experience in public health or similar development-related communications, and/or health policy/governance communications. Demonstrated experience working in public health areas which involve SRMNCAH or are cross-cutting with SRMNCAH. Experience of working with, and coordinating with non-state actors in the field of public health. Experience in writing strategy documents, documents for external dissemination. Experience in managing web platforms. Experience in producing hard and soft copy communications documents, and the relevant production process.
Demonstrated experience in social media platforms, experience of working in low income countries. Communications work experience within a UN agency setting.
Expert knowledge of English.
Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply